Diamond Yadav | Correspondent
Moradabad: Finally, the country’s first make-in India track has arrived. Yes, T18 train equipped with state-of-the-art technology left for Moradabad yard to Najibabad this morning. It’s trial also started on Bareilly Moradabad Section today.
The team of RDSO and the engineering team from Integral Coach Factiry of Railways at Chennai manufactured this modern coach’s and the same reached Moradabad for trial run. This coaches having without a separate locomotive can run on the railway tracked at a speed of 200 km per hour. Initially this train will run from the speed of 30 in the first phase, then 60 will run 90 km per hour and 130 kilometers. Senior Engineer L Narasimha, who came with the train, told that the train is ready for the trial.
There is absolutely new technology used in this. This will make the passengers comfortable enough. Each coach has audio system with wifi and screen. There is also an automatic seat in the executive coach. Which can rotate at 360 degrees. The train will now be tested on the trial. The authorized trial of the train will start from Tuesday.
Key features of Train 18:
1. Train 18 has a potential to travel up to the speed at 160 kmph as against 130 kmph for Shatabdis and will result in the travel time being reduced by around 15% once tracks are fitted to suit.
2. India’s first engine-less train was developed by Chennai Integral Coach Factory in 18 months, the full AC train is designed in such a way that passengers can have a look at the driver’s cabin.
3. PTI quoted ICF General Manager Sudhanshu Mani as saying that Train 18 will cost nearly Rs 100 crore to build the prototype and subsequent production will bring down the cost.
4. The self-propelled train, fitted with CCTV cameras, will have two executive compartments.
5. The two executive compartments will have 52 seats each, whereas trailer coaches will have 78 seats each.
6. The executive class will have rotating seats to match the direction of the train.
7. Train 18 has diffused lighting, an on-board infotainment system with Wi-Fi, vacuum toilets, sliding doors besides a GPS-based passenger information system.
9. Train 18, a 100 per cent ‘Make in India’ project, will have a stainless steel car body with LHB as the base design.
10. Like Metro coaches, the doors of Train 18 will open only after the train stops.